Friday, July 30, 2004

Thank God the Democratic convention is over...

I watched the whole thing. I'm not really THAT interested in the candidates, but I do like to hear what they are saying. Obviously, Obama did a great job and is an up-and-coming star for the Democrats. Edwards and Kerry... They made a lot of grandiose promises without talking about how they intend to pay for them AND attempting to get rid of the deficit. Bill Clinton... He even brought up the Scriptures in his exhortation to "Be not afraid!" I'm not taking Biblical suggestions from Slick Willy! I'll also watch the Republican convention. I'm sure there will be hours of patriotic breast-beating and "war on terror" braggadocio. Besides, I like to see if the convention was worth the American taxpayer money. I'll always believe that the parties should pay for these events because they are merely taxpayer-funded, four-day long political advertisements. I'm sure that the two parties will never allow themselves to be extricated from the dole list.

Speaking of the "war on terror"... There's been some grumbling that Dubya and Company are pressing Pakistan to capture "high value targets" during the election season. Politicizing the "War on terror"? Say it isn't so...

Several days ago, I spoke about Brandon Mayfield. As always, The Smoking Gun has some excellent supporting material about Mayfield's case.

No comments: