Monday, July 02, 2007

Y'all watch out...

I've received a couple of junky e-mails (just today) saying that someone had sent me an e-card. Just out of curiosity, I clicked the link and my suspicions were confirmed. I was taken to a page where there was a nifty executable file for download. I think I'll go back for further investigation, but I'm sure the executable file is probably viral. Keep a close eye out for that junk, folks...

It's not surprising that the one individual found guilty in the Plame case received a commuted sentence. I won't complain too much because it's perfectly within the President's power to grant reprieves and pardons. The speed with which this one happened is just so suspect. So many of the pardons, reprieves, or sentence commutations granted by this President are from cases that are at least a decade old. It just gives the appearance that no loyal parties who had a part in the little political "Plame game" were going to really be subject to hard time. I'm sure this would have happened in just about any administration...

Speaking of administrations, we were approached by some early supporters of Ron Paul at the weekly Concert in the Park this evening. I'm just waiting to see the Libertarian Party candidates. At least I can thankfully say that Ron Paul does not have the appearance of being a Bush-style Republican. Here's a brief synopsis of Ron Paul's votes on various issues.

No comments: