Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ahhhhhhh, the Klan.....

I happened to miss the little KKK rally in Athens today. Trust me, I'm not that bummed about having missed it, but I suppose it might have provided a bit of weekend afternoon entertainment. I thought it was slightly strange that a group of the Klan based in Indiana came all the way to Alabama to protest against illegal immigrants. There was only a little blurb on al.com about the event and there's a slideshow (8 pix) at enewscourier.com. Though I think the message and thought processes of those who made this happen today are woefully misguided and totally wrong, I was relieved that the decision (from a few weeks ago) to deny them a permit to protest was reversed. As is often noted, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." If you like, follow the entire evolution of today's silliness (from the Athens News Courier) here.

No comments: