Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I think it's been a while since I talked about Faux News on here......

I guess I'm out of touch with the news enough that I didn't catch until Monday that the Fox News sponsored GOP debates in New Hampshire weren't all inclusive. Now I realize they can't have EVERY Tom, Dick, and Harry claiming to be running for President but they excluded folks like Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter. Sure, they are polling low and not likely to win, but they are nationally recognized. Excluding them from debates doesn't help them get their voice out there either. It smells suspiciously like a news outlet trying to pull the strings of the voters. Fair and balanced my ASS! Anyway, Fox is sponsoring the GOP debates in South Carolina on Thursday. If you read this and are so inclined, please jump on over to http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/08/gop-debate-on-fox-news-thursday/ and leave zillions of messages about how "fair and balanced" Fox truly is. Remember, one of their catchphrases is "We report, you decide." I guess they report if they want to and you decide if they want you to. I hope they get HAMMERED with comments. Also, if you care, e-mail rob@scgop.com, hogan@scgop.com, and jwr@scgop.com to ask them to have the strength to do what the New Hampshire GOP did if Fox pulls this kind of stunt in South Carolina. Screw Fox News!

While I'm near the realm of talking about Ron Paul, that wonderful little outlet called The New Republic pulled a hack reporting job with this little number. Nowhere in the article did I see anything approaching a "When contacted, Ron Paul...." or much in the way of documentary evidence. Even if that was produced, it should be noted that Ron Paul's normal demeanor and public face never even hints at the things he is accused of in that piece of tripe at TNR. How about this? This is a fairly OLD accusation.....

What the hell does the media have against Ron Paul? Maybe they are scared of someone who THINKS and thinks INDEPENDENTLY! Those plonkers had better be damn scared of me if that's the case....

No comments: