Friday, March 28, 2008

I just happened to read in one of the local media outlets...

that the local community college right down the road is in the midst of celebrating its 60th anniversary. I just thought it was kind of interesting. I kind of remembered thinking about Calhoun because an old high school teacher of mine (this year marks 20 years of being out for me) is kind of high on their food chain and also the head of the school's Center for the Study of Southern Political Culture. Pretty cool......

It must be nice that the Republicrats (to them at least) have a clear candidate for the general election. Old John McCain can even start in with general election ads....



I myself am partial to the following....



Woohoo, we'll probably get some rain today. In addition to the need for rain and the fact that it will help my yard, I don't even care much that there's a chance that we'll get it over the weekend. Of course, I'm sleeping during the day (like a vamp) anyway and my next day off is Monday. Heck, my only day off is each Monday. That makes for some pretty nice currency.

Kind of switching back to birthdays, ye olde FBI turns 100 this year. I'll bet that someone from the Bureau's early days would be overwhelmed at the changes in the past century. Like....CYBERCRIME!

Well folks, the bed is calling so I must say adieu.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Art, it's weird, VERY weird how destiny, fate, and gravity work. My name is Art as well, I was a combat helicopter pilot for the 160th SOAR (qualified in all airframes including some that are classified ATS aka INH), am a HUGE fan of the quote, which is how I found this site, and I meet precious few people named even ARTHUR, let alone those of us who've chosen to go by "Art" and have disdain for the other two tags (Arthur or Artie).

Seem like a Small world to you? Do the numbers 5-25 or 3-30 mean anything to you? JC how deep this goes.

Oh, also hate both the Dems and (ns)GOP. I'm a Libertarian and a BIG advocate of adding a third and even a fourth Major party and believe it's the only way we can ever be satisfied. I'm a financial conservative--pay soldiers the most, teachers next, then First Responders. Pay Entertainers, movie stars, writers, and especially actors the LEAST! Take the profits from the latter 3 to pay the former 3. I believe in not just a woman's write to choice, but EVERYONE'S right to choice when it comes to their own body (even if they want to shoot up heroin--they OD, problem solved--eventually it will be used more like alcohol and drugs, once regulated much more closely, and made safer and profitable instead of dangerous and costly, will bring this country OUT of Debt, release MILLIONS of prisoners, reduce the need for customs drug officials. It would place Darwinism BACK in charge of our race and allow us to start evolving again, with the addicts either learning to control themselves, or their genes dying out. In the meantime, we can return to the days of the early 20th century when we were truly the land of freedom and opportunity instead of the land of overlegaslation and no better than any other religious state.

Your thoughts?

ART