Sunday, July 13, 2008

I was ever-so-slightly perturbed yesterday afternoon...

Someone I know received an e-mail from a service professional (using their work e-mail addy) about some "fraudulent internet campaign funding" of a certain Democratic Presidential nominee. I won't even include the text here because I don't want to propagate crap. The e-mail cites an article by a New York Times reporter that SHE DID NOT WRITE. In other words, absolute lies are being spread. A simple search of the reporter's work for the suspect article turns up ZILCH.

I want one thing to be crystal clear right here and now...

I DO NOT support Obama. I DO SUPPORT Bob Barr. However, false information will not be the basis of my opposition for the Democrats (or the Republicans) and I hope that it won't be yours.

A link about this hoax: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jul/08/bogus-dowd-column/

From a slightly psychological/sociological standpoint, I realize that the folks who believe junk e-mails like this and continue to forward them have likely already made up their minds. In other words, many of these e-mails will be "preaching to the choir". However, there are undecided folks out there.

Snopes.com perhaps? http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/donations.asp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... about as "undecided" as me, probably... until they offer up ALFRED E. NEUMANN on the ticket, it's just not worth the committment, as they're all spouting the SAME KRAP o'er & o'er again... on a better note, MIXPOSURE is back UP again (albeit under new ownership)!