Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Check out the newest offering from the mammoth from Mountain View....

Google Chrome

I've downloaded it and given it a spin. It won't be my default browser yet (that's currently Firefox) because I use funky colors in my setup and Chrome doesn't appear to be able to support that. It's a beta, so I'm certain that it will improve.....

Mavericks: Bob Barr on HDNet 7-29-08



Now for the one thing I disagree with the Libertarian Party on....

" 1.4 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration."

-from National Platform of the Libertarian Party Adopted in Convention, May 2008, Denver, Colorado (http://www.lp.org/platform)

I disagree because the mainstream LP agrees that the government can make and enforce basic laws such as prohibitions against murder. I don't believe that science will ever definitively answer a central question to this debate ("When does life begin?"). Given the dilemma, I'd much rather fail safe with the stated LP principle of "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness". I'm all for choice.... BEFORE CONCEPTION. In situations where not all parties were willing participants or a mother's life is in question or a few other very limited conditions, I'm absolutely willing to allow exception, but the bulk of procedures are not performed for those reasons.....

No comments: