Saturday, April 09, 2011

Excellent day!!!

It all started with a bit of running this morning. Not too long after that, we went to check out our best friends' boy playing Prep Division ball in Madison. That's always entertaining. Plus, I was able to get in some hacky time...

After that, I had to prepare for something I'd never done before. I successfully used a smoker to make what turned out to be an AWESOME pork shoulder. The prep involved stopping at the store for a few things on the way home. I got the charcoal burning and when it was ready, I let the meat sit there for six hours. Given how much I love pulled pork, I can't believe I'd never done this before.

While this meat was cooking, I had a chance to soak up the rays and hang out in my cul-de-sac listening to loud music and kicking the olde sack again. Seeing that we got into the mid-80s today, I was fairly rank after close to an hour.

I had time to shower and schlep around for a bit before dinner. Mmmmmm, DINNER! If gluttony is truly one of the seven deadly sins, Hades is in line for a management change. Perhaps four sandwiches (and some slaw) was a little excessive, but they tasted SO GOOD.

Just chillin' the rest of the night and tomorrow's supposed to be a beautiful day as well...

No comments: