Wednesday, August 04, 2004

At work last night, Achim was telling me about a "Lynndie England fansite"...

Out of curiosity, I started looking for it when I got home this morning. I knew this was going to be funny when I noticed that the author is railing against Michael Moore in the same area where he appears to be infatuated with Lynndie England. More power to whoever set this up, but in my opinion the individual is a dumbass with a warped sense of right and wrong. Here you have an individual appearing to extol an apparently dirty little skank who has done much damage to the image of America in the Middle East while haranguing Michael Moore for asking legitimate questions through a film (editing methods aside). You're free to be stupid!

Over at PABAAH, there was an article posted about a new film from Trey Parker and Matt Stone. At IMDB, someone has even started a thread entitled "So fighting terrorism is now a joke?" I trust that Trey and Matt will effectively ridicule both sides of the "world police" topic.

I wasn't interested enough to even go to the little protests surrounding Dubya's visit to Davenport today. I needed to sleep. However, I do think the idea of the "Halliburton lemonade stand" is very funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watched the trailer - can't wait.

As for "So fighting terrorism is now a joke?":

Just because you are smart enough to operate a computer keyboard does not mean you should. HOLY COW, I thought talking about poop was stupid.

Achim

Beth said...

"Here you have an individual appearing to extol an apparently dirty little skank who has done much damage to the image of America in the Middle East while haranguing Michael Moore for asking legitimate questions through a film (editing methods aside)."

No shit! That is one serious nutcase. I almost have to wonder if that Lynndie shit is a joke. (The Michael Moore stuff is kind of funny, though, in an amateurish way.)