Sunday, September 23, 2007

Drat!

Well, due to circumstances beyond their control, A23 will not be in Nashville tomorrow night. However, the band intends to be in The Big Easy on Wednesday night. I've been to quite a few places (US and foreign) but I've never been to New Orleans. I'm thinking now (this week at least) is the PERFECT time for a little road trip. I just hope the band's transportation situation gets rectified. I'll be stoked to see this show (barring any further problems) and visit the Crescent City.....

Overall, it's been a quiet weekend so far. Hangin' with pals (and their totally fun kids) and doing little odds and ends.....

I would be highly remiss if I didn't point y'all in the direction of Suzanne's new venture. Hey, check it out......

I am very glad to see that Columbia University hasn't backed away from hosting Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I am diametrically opposed to many of the things that the Iranian President stands for, but this country (particularly the higher education system) is partly about the expression of ideas. Perhaps a more open dialog can move the US and Iran further from the brink of escalation and threatening posturing. Maybe it's time after over a quarter of a century. As a realist, I understand that continued animosity and disagreement is very likely, but at least we would be able to say that an attempt had been made.....

Well, y'all have a blast! I have to get ready for this week since my plans have been altered slightly. Peace!

No comments: