Thursday, February 07, 2008

I was talking with my dad..................

earlier this evening. We were yakking it up with the MySpaceIM. I don't use these types of programs often anymore. Hell, I remember when I first started using ICQ roughly 10 years ago. I just don't chat often enough. Anyway, he brought up my post covering the rough weather on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and the crazy number of tornadoes that were reported. I just looked at NOAA's Storm Prediction Center data for that day again and in the space of about two days, the number had jumped from 78 to 91. I sure as hell hope that this unusual set of weather circumstances doesn't foreshadow the spring storm season......

Goodbye Mitt! And, hey I'm sorry, but good riddance! For some reason, I just wasn't overly fond of this guy. First, it seemed suspiciously as if he had a BIG agenda if he financed nearly 1/3 of his campaign with his own cash. Add his remarks at CPAC announcing the suspension of his campaign today and I'm more than happy to see him bow out.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

--Mitt Romney/02-07-08 addressing CPAC

I'd laugh my ass off if Obama or Clinton win. I wouldn't like it but it would be an ironic twist.....

Speaking of things Presidential....

My grandmother's 90th birthday is coming up in March. I thought it would be cool to send her a birthday greeting from the White House. You can have a White House greeting sent for a baby's birth, a wedding, someone's 80th (or greater) birthday or a couple's 50th (or greater) wedding anniversary. Need more info? Click here.

Peace, y'all!

No comments: