Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Whew, I'm glad last night (really early this morning) is over....

It's a complete bummer to hear that over 50 people were killed in the storms of last night/early this morning. This was some ABSOLUTELY FREAKY weather. If the numbers are accurate, this month will probably be a record breaker. The highest number of tornadoes reported for the month of February between 1950 and 2004 was 83 in 1971. The storms from last night/this morning are reported to have produced 78. How freakin' nuts is that? While looking up some of this info, I found some other interesting sites.....

NSSTC Collaborative Weather Blog
NWS Huntsville preliminary local storm reports

One other interesting spot (there are millions, I'm sure)....

A recent conversation we were having with our best friends brought up a big (and unusual) snowstorm that happened when we were back in high school. I didn't remember when it happened, but I found a little more info here. Yeah, our little freak snow happened in January 1988........

Now onto lighter things....

I was leafing through a catalog from J&R Music and Computer World after I received some software that I used an amazon.com gift certificate to purchase a few weeks ago. One of the items in the catalog was the Nabaztag/tag. That's kinda weird!

Well, Super Tuesday is over. At least the Republican race is becoming less muddled. I'll still vote Libertarian in November.....

No comments: