Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Over the next 60+ days, I am certain that plenty of important things will take place...

But, about 69 days from now, the 2008 election will begin. To that end, I will use this medium as an introduction to Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party candidate for President......

Here goes!

Bob Barr official campaign announcement


People often mention that my vote is wasted because my candidate doesn't have a viable chance at winning. I always beg to differ. I generally agree with almost the entire Libertarian Party agenda (my biggest difference is on abortion). Anyway, why should I vote for "the lesser of two evils" when there's someone else out there that generally mirrors my line of thought? If folks were to expand that logic to consider the electoral college and its impact on elections, voting for a Republican President (or Democrat) in a normally Democratic (or Republican) state is a wasted vote.....

The only way that my vote really counts is by voting for what I believe. Some of my relatives (who were proselytizing for George Bush in 2004) sent me several e-mails about why Bush needed to win and Kerry needed to lose in the '04 election. I stirred the mix up a bit by mentioning that I thought George needed to be sent back to Texas and they needed to vote for Michael Peroutka, the Constitution Party candidate. Several folks blocked my messages after that. I found that so funny. I gave these folks an option that they (some of them, at least) would probably agree with more than the "status quo" (i.e. Republican or Democrat) and they DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

No comments: