Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally!

It was a happy time to see the close of the last of the Presidential debate for this election cycle. This debate, of course, brought more of the same old discussions and half-truths. I don't think McCain succeeded in his promise to whip Obama's "you know what". McCain did a little better this time around but not necessarily well enough to overcome the inertia of the numbers game that we've seen over the past few weeks. Heck, it doesn't matter who wins anyway. They're just opposite sides of the same old weathered coin and though they've both bandied about talk of "change", Washington will still remain largely out of touch in many ways. That's especially true if you're inclined to the Libertarian line of thinking like me.....

We've never tried a recipe from Martha Stewart before this evening. I saw a recipe for "Cheddar Topped Shepherd's Pie" in a Martha Stewart magazine and thought we should try it. The normal cook of the family brought up making some Zatarain's dirty rice but I suggested that we try this shepherd's pie. We used several shortcuts that cut the time in about half. I made the "Spinach, Mushroom, and Red-Onion Salad" to go with dinner. I think I liked dinner better than the wife unit (1 each) because I had two FULL plates and I still saved some leftovers.....

Wayne Root was on Fox News again this past Monday. Check it out:



Peace, y'all!

No comments: