Monday, July 19, 2004

I don't necessarily feel a year older...

Tempus fugit!

We decided to check out Version 2 of Exotic Thai for dinner. We tried Exotic Thai (the one in Davenport, IA) a couple of months ago. If you enjoy Asian food and haven't been there, give it a shot. "Version 2" is on the Illinois side of the water on John Deere across from Wal-Hell. The food was great. Now we just need an Outback on this side of the Mississippi River.

Someone is finally calling Fox on their "fair and balanced"-ness. Like I tell the people I know, I don't care if most of the people at Fox are foaming-at-the-mouth conservatives and they often make it obvious. Just say it! Say, "Hell yes we're conservative! Here's why..." That's all I want. I might not agree but at least I'd know that the individuals in question acknowledge what they believe.

I'm liberal in some ways (some might say) and conservative in others. I believe that most people are capable of taking care of their own lives and that the government shouldn't have the job of protecting everyone from themselves. Unfortunately, I don't know if America has the stomach to allow this. People often bring up the intense hatred of Libertarians for the "war on drugs". Libertarians don't want people to use drugs any more than Democrats, Republicans, or any other political body does. They just think that the war on drugs is a failure and skirts dangerously close (if not over the line) to allowing some violations of the Constitution. Besides, why are some drugs legal? Alcohol and tobacco cause deaths every year. They're still legal...

No comments: