Friday, July 16, 2004

I have a problem...

When I hear people suggest that criticism of the President for wartime policies while the country is at war is treasonous. They have the right but I happen to completely disagree. Perhaps if enough Germans had been critical of Hitler and actively opposed the government, Europe wouldn't have been ravaged during World War II. I think that the people who compare Bush to Adolf are misguided but that doesn't change my general lack of faith in Dubya's administration.

I don't go to antiwar.com very often, but I was checking it out this evening. I'm thinking that I will check it out more frequently. I happened to catch this article suggesting that the powers that be in this country are treading dangerously close to the line of censorship and denial of free speech. If you choose to engage in dissent, you might want to make sure you are in the "right place" to do so, even if you are being peaceful. This kind of crap seems almost reminiscent of the whole Crossgates Mall "Peace on Earth" t-shirt flap last year.

I'm in the mood to read something interesting... This book looks like it might fit the bill.

My in-laws called this evening with a question about how to tailor a Google search to find something VERY SPECIFIC. It turns out that the information they were looking for was about the pastor who married us in Alabama 11.5 years ago. All I can say is DAMN!

No comments: