Friday, August 20, 2004

I've never been very fond of Michelle Malkin...

Last night's debacle on Hardball doesn't necessarily help matters. She later made this post on her blog about her fun at MSNBC. About halfway through, she mentions, "I am used to ad hominem attacks." I don't know if she agrees with them or not. However, given the title of her post and other things I've heard her say, she dishes out ad hominem attacks as well. I find it odd that she has written a book defending internment of Japanese Americans during WWII and perhaps suggesting parallels to our "war on terror". Perhaps she should be shackled up and locked somewhere incognito. After all, her parents immigrated from the Philippines. As everyone knows, the Abu Sayyaf group is also based in the Philippines and is designated as a foreign terrorist organization. Hell, we should have locked up a lot of white males after Timothy McVeigh. I don't ever see Malkin's "solution" being used. As I've said before, I'll keep watching.

We're watching the Olympics right now. I saw a commercial for the spin-off of Friends that is supposed to begin in the new NBC fall season. I would just like to know why they chose the most air-headed character from Friends as the basis for a new sitcom. I was already "Friends'd" out when the show went off the air. I probably won't be watching the spin-off either.

2 comments:

achim said...

Did you see Michelle Malkin on Fox News? She was on last night.

achim said...

This was my original comment about Michelle Malkin:

Back in the day, the Japanese people ("Japs", "Nips", "Yellow Horde"...) were portrayed as yellow, buck teethed rats.

As I said before, today’s sentiment never applies to yesterday. I do not feel that people like Malkin understand that concept. People change. Societies change. A comparison is therefore useless.
Seriously. Hence, I will file her work under “Half-ass researched, speculative, one-sided tripe (HARSOT).

There is one thing I learned from my grandparents. And as I am growing older, I learn the same. And as I hear the words of the woman I love, I learn the same. And as I dig through the "news" from all over the world, I learn the same:

“IF YOU WEREN’T THERE, THEN YOU DON’T KNOW!”
Achim, 2004