Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Well, if this first day is any indication (no, I haven't even gone in yet)....

I was correct in remembering just how much of a lifesucker the nights can be. Not in terms of sleep....

I actually slept very well. In fact, I got down just before Suzanne woke up. Therein lies the rub. I won't really see her until the weekend. She works here in the daytime. I'll see her on Saturday, Sunday, and my day off on Monday.

It could be worse. As I've told several people in the past, I tend to look at these things relatively. Unlike my time on an aircraft carrier, I still come home every day. There's a lot to be said for the sacrifice of military folks. And let's not forget those who support the military, either. Some of them have to be gone from home quite a bit as well.

I suppose I'd better get stirring now. I have to get ready. Y'all have fun....

1 comment:

Rotcod Zzaj said...

HOO-ah! You said "And let's not forget those who support the military, either. Some of them have to be gone from home quite a bit as well"....

...you ain't just whistlin' DIXIE there, either son!

On the ROAD again!