Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........

road trips. The little jaunt to Knoxville the other night was great. I got there too early, but that afforded me a chance to have a decent dinner, get bugged by a self-professed "old hobo" looking for change, and walk around downtown Knoxville for a while. The concert? My, my, my.....

Loreena and company were, quite simply, astounding. I've had some of her music for quite a while and wanted to see her. I'm very happy I made the trip. All of the musicians were tremendous. The fiddle player shredded that thing to pieces. She made a joke during the show that they had been taking collections throughout the tour to get the dude lessons. Trust me, they would be seriously advanced lessons. The show was immense fun. Anyway, I ended up getting her latest CD (link to iTunes). It's very good. If you enjoy this kind of music, consider seeing one of the ten remaining shows....

And now for your viewing and listening pleasure (as usual, click "read more"), check out a 2006 remix of an early 80s ABBA song. I just downloaded the music from iTunes. The band? Sylver! SCARY (but good)........



As for the original, I'd have to say that it's fairly frightening.....

No comments: