Sunday, January 09, 2011

Municode, Mars Rovers, homepage changing for loc.gov, and more...

When I had to bury my kitty, I wondered if it was cool to bury her in the yard. I quickly discovered (via the Athens, AL city website) municode.com. Check here to see if your town's municipal codes are listed...

Spirit and Opportunity: When the two Mars Rovers were launched in 2004, they were supposed to go for at least 90 Martian days. Opportunity is still going fairly strong. Contact has been lost with Spirit since March 22, 2010 (2210 days into its mission). NASA is still trying.

There are some amazing things to be seen in the cosmos. I thought this was a pretty cool picture.

If you are anything like me (hopefully not, for your sakes), you might border on being an information junkie. One excellent source of varied information is http://www.loc.gov/. If it's been a while since you've been there, their homepage is due to undergo a redesign effective tomorrow.

In keeping with the New Year and a frequent New Year's resolution, the Library of Congress is hosting an event entitled “Weight Loss Through the Ages” on January 19.

Check out my two "bundles" for Google Reader:




In closing, one further event of note (later this week on January 15) is Wikipedia's 10th birthday.

Time to wait for the snow to kick in...

No comments: