Sunday, September 19, 2004

First, we heard about the CIA's July NIE regarding Iraq...

Now there's news that even some Republicans are criticizing Dubya and Co.'s policies regarding Iraq. The administration's smiling face and assertions that all will be well reminds me of the young ROTC officer trying to maintain control of the crowd near the end of the movie Animal House...

"All is well. Remain calm. ALL IS WELL! REMAIN CALM!"

I hope that Dubya's re-election campaign will suffer the same fate as the ROTC officer. The crowd didn't remain calm and the poor young dude was flattened as people ran away from the chaotic scene. Four more years...of what? Pre-emptive defense?!? Will it be Iran next? They sure seem to be high profile on the radar.

Speaking of Iran...I feel that it's always important to listen to what other people (friendly or otherwise) are saying. Following that line of thinking, check out the Islamic Republic News Agency's website (from Iran). I'm pretty sure that I've put the link for North Korea's official propaganda mouthpiece here before. If I haven't, click here and enjoy.

Although my 20 year reunion is still four years away, I still like to occasionally see who I can find via the internet. I've been an unpaid member at one "past connections" site for at least five years and they have a pretty fair number of individuals listed from my graduating class. However, there are other places (e.g. Yahoo! groups) that have comparable features and don't currently want $39/year.

I just reviewed the text of Dubya's latest weekly radio address. The last paragraph is interesting. I want to know what "additional proposals" Dubya will make. He says, "For the sake of our common security, and for the sake of our common values, the international community must rise to this historic moment. And the United States is prepared to lead." That sounds very similar to the argument Dubya used to call the UN to action against Iraq...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHY DONT YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF IRAQ .IS THIS AN ISSUE
THAT WE ARE GOING TO DISCUSS, IN ANOTHER 20YRS. FROM NOW
IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT THE ORDINARY IRAQI DOES NOT WANT US THERE,WE DONT WANT TO BE THERE, OUR FOLKS DONT WANT US THERE, OUR KIDS DONT WANT US THERE,THE ONLY PEOPLE THANT WANT US THERE ARE THE BUSH REGIME, FOR THIER OWN ENDS ,FOR FUCKS SAKE DONT LET THIS BE ANOTHER VEITNAM
WISE UP . COME OUT YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE WAR IS FUTILE ESPESIALLY THIS FUCKER