Saturday, October 02, 2004

Can I please call it Faux News now?

This wasn't actually posted until 10:30 AM Tahoe time. I tried like hell to get it up last night (keep your mind out of the gutter), but I was having no luck at all. This is what I was thinking around midnight last night.

I realize that this isn't the norm, but I'm still frequently bothered by Fox News. I'm not bothered by their opinion-based prime-time programming. I'm bothered by the whole "Fair and Balanced" thing. Hell, it doesn't matter much anyway. I watch MSNBC at home because I find Keith Olbermann to be extraordinarily entertaining.

Sad news...

It's exceedingly sad that Lori Hacking's body has been found, but it might be possible to find slight solace in the fact that she can now be given a proper burial.

Suzanne and I went to our room after the band finished and the prize giveaways were done. We watched a little bit of the vidiot box but I was feeling fairly antsy. I'm still antsy. I convinced her that we could at least head down to where we have free wi-fi. The area has mainly cleared out, but there are a few people left yakking about everything tech under the sun. Entertaining...

If you haven't heard by now, John Kerry and El Dubya had a little debate on Thursday evening. I didn't watch a great deal of it because the canned responses would have probably pissed me off. David Cobb and Michael Badnarik also had a debate on Thursday evening. Who are those guys? A free registration (including details like phone number) is required at the Free-Market News Network, but they have archived video of the debate between Cobb and Badnarik. It's entirely too bad that Badnarik and Cobb won't be seen with Dubya and JFK. What do you expect, a democratic process?

No comments: