Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Hey, I may bitch a lot but the world WON'T end when the next Republicrat is elected next week...

Actually, who knows? It might!

A new report (.pdf file) bolsters my belief that humans are and will remain the weakest link in a connected world. In many cases, there are cheap and fairly easy solutions to prevent many of the problems discussed in this report. The word needs to get out. I liked the idea that someone at Gnomedex brought up about making Windows Update CDs as ubiquitous as those AOL CDs at electronics stores.

I'd like to see a Bush campaign commercial where Bush says the following at the end...

"I'm George Bush and I approve this message. If you don't approve, Dick Cheney sends along a hearty "Fuck you!""

At least that would be a funny campaign ad.

My candidate for Prez was on Fox News today. The inevitable Iraq question came up. I know what Badnarik believes and I believe roughly the same thing. Linda Vester asked him a question along the lines of destabilization in Iraq after our forces leave. I believe that Michael knows the answer but I think the answer that was given could have been much more inspired and have historic examples. When our forces are asked to leave in the future, we won't be able to guarantee Iraqi security. We can't even guarantee a level of security comparable to that which we enjoy in the United States although we currently have 100,000+ troops on the ground. Obviously, the British couldn't guarantee security when they withdrew from their Palestinian Mandate. As long as we have troops on the ground in Arab countries, they will be targets and potentially stir MORE hatred of the U.S. (and draw more recruits for jihadist organizations) by the population. Even George Bush and friends realize this. Compare the numbers of our military in Saudi Arabia between now and four years ago. We've made a fairly quiet (although I have heard it mentioned a few times) withdrawal of our troops from Saudi Arabia. However, most of the forces have just been moved from one country to another in the region. Maybe they don't get it completely...

No comments: