Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Although it was my first day back to work...

It turned out to be an OK day. I was actually occupied for a major portion of the day. The most exciting part was making something along these lines ready for operation on one of our units ready for operation after about twenty years. We were attempting to make this stuff work on Sunday but it didn't all go down as planned. They moved on it yesterday as well, but had a fair amount of the Tennessee River pouring into our plant (as I understand it). We had some small leaks today but they were mostly fixed by the time I left. It couldn't have even approached the Navy's flooding trainers like this.

Then I came home to some great dinner. Add to that some steamed frozen veggies and most of a bottle of the Riesling wine (Biltmore Estate Riesling) from here and I'm set for the evening.

I just wonder how much joy lies in store tomorrow...

I mentioned harmless fun last time. I tend to think that this would approach the summit of fun (as far as I'm concerned). I'm certain this won't happen this year, but I'd love to visit sometime in the future.

Ever want news from a different point of view? Check out one (or more) of these:

Xinhuah
Pravda
AlJazeera English
Islamic Republic News Agency (Iran)
North Korea's Korean Central News Agency

No comments: