Saturday, October 23, 2004

I was stoked at work while watching Fox News last night (for a short period of time)...

The Libertarian Party (and the Badnarik/Campagna campaign) has raised enough dough to start doing nationwide ads. I caught one on Fox News last night. I'm sure it won't sway the race much, but hopefully it might stir some of Fox's conservative viewers to think about Dubya's brand of conservatism. A lot of conservatives often wonder about the Libertarian stance on the "war on drugs" and support for things like gay marriage. They view that as liberal. I beg to differ. The Libertarian stance is ultra-conservative. If it doesn't violate someone else's right to life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness, there's a lot of activity that's protected by the Constitution. I suppose the "pursuit of happiness" part of things has a lot of wiggle-room.

Locally, some members of the QC Badnarik in 2004 meetup group did some banner-waving action at a busy QC intersection this morning. I believe they are planning on doing it next weekend. I'm glad to hear it because there was not a chance in hell that I could make it this morning. Honk if you love liberty!

No comments: